- May 2016 Rodovid is ranked #82 in "Top 100 Genealogy Websites of 2016" of GenealogyInTime Magazine!
- April 2016 Arabic translation for Rodovid has begun !
- Jully 2015 : advanced search has been implemented.
- January 2014 : Rodovid breaks 800,000 person records. On January 1th 2014 Rodovid's database of genealogical records reached 809,005 persons!
- August 2010 : Anonymous editing is closed!
- April 28th 2010 : Rodovid's has reached 350,000 persons.
- January 2010 : 300,000 persons.
- December 25th 2006 : 50,000 records.
The Rodovid development team and sysops from all the localizations are grateful to all the contributors for their continuous effort.
First video lesson of using Rodovid done for Ukrainian localization. You can help us to make them for others. Just leave a message on this page disscussion!
What is Rodovid?
Rodovid's family tree maker is probably the most advanced Web-based technology to date, especially in terms of its ability to generate very large trees containing dozens of generations and thousands of people. It is far beyond the capabilities of any computer-based family tree makers and Web-based technologies from paid websites. There is no need to pay money for creating and sharing your family tree when you have Rodovid!
Rodovid is powered by the MediaWiki content management system (the same used by Wikipedia), so anyone familiar with the system can work on Rodovid easily.
More detailed information about Rodovid is available at the About Rodovid page.
To get an account, send a message to : email@example.com
That note must include :
- The user name you have chosen
- A temporary password for your first connection (optional)
- An e-mail address to send you a confirmation message
- The main language you want to use (if it's not English)
- Maybe a few words explaining your intent (just to ensure that you are not a spam engine)
(If you did not indicate a password, you will have to wait 24 hours and then, during logging, type your user name and click "E-mail password" to receive a new code.)
For new users Rodovid may look quite difficult, but it is based on a strong system.
We advise for first-time visitors to:
- read Help to learn how to get started
- test the functionality of Rodovid at the Engine site (and only there, please)
- Sign up on Rodovid for the usability and functionality benefits of registered users
- Start your tree—but search carefully for the person you wish to enter first. Rodovid has such a large database that we just might have this person already!
You can always find a tip or ask an administrator for help!
What not to do in Rodovid
There are several different examples of What not to do in Rodovid:
You can find theses examples on that special page
Do not enter test data on this database or that of any of the other localizations. If you would like to test Rodovid's functionality, please visit the Rodovid Engine site where you can enter data without any restrictions, checks and verifications -
study how it works here!
On Rodovid there are several special pages, created for usefulness in Genealogy.
The following are quick links to them:
More pages here ->>
Want to help?