|As of 18 August 2010, you must register to edit pages on Rodovid (except Rodovid Engine).|
From Rodovid EN
In Rodovid, advanced search can be used to find pesons who lived :
- a particular event
- in a particular place
- in a particular period
- Click on advanced search in left side of the site.
- choose an event in the left pop-up (these are gedcom format events)
- write the name of a place, just as it has been recorded in Rodovid.
- You can add an additional info, according to what you choosed as event (profession, title etc.)
- Choose a begining date for the period. This date will be included in the period.
- Choose an ending date for the period. This date will be excluded in the period
- Choose the key sort: Date, Last name, Lineage.
- Click on : "Validate"
 Tips and tricks
- Take care of typographic case!
- It is possible to chose several events types in the list : Ctrl+click wit windows. The nature of events will be shown in the list of answers, line by line.
- All fields are optional except the place.
- When the event date has not been entered in the person profile (or family), this plug is not found if limits mini / maxi were listed in the search engine. To find the undated events, do not give search dates.
- For dates prior to the year one thousand, you still have to enter the four-digit (0800 to the year 800, for example)
- Not working before January 1 of the year 0001 ...
- The advanced search functions on all of the database in any language. So a search for "all events" can give more results than the "linked pages" for a page "Location:" given. The "linked pages" function takes into account that the english version.
 See also
- Help:More about advanced search
- engine:Events Viewer (using more complete, written in globish).
- engine:Talk:Events Viewer
- Category:Events observer templates